Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where have I been?


Legacy for the Laurels in our Stake. It is an overnight training camp for the 16 year girls. It was the first time I had been to Legacy. It was wonderful and the food was outstanding. They fed us every two hours. Why does food taste better if you don't have to make it or clean it up? It was great for me to get to know the girls better.


Also, I just got back from girls camp. It went very well, I think. I could have definitely done some things differently, but for the most part we had a great time. My girls are amazing. I have learned to love them so much. It was also fun to be there with Shelby. Poor girl, I didn't get to spend much time with her.


Now I need some suggestions for some great summer books. I am the worst at going to the library and picking a book. Somehow, I always get smut or murder books. I don't want those. I have given up picking books by myself and always have to have a suggestion from someone. I just got through reading the Hunger Games and really enjoyed it. If anyone out there has any great suggestions, I would appreciate it!!

4 comments:

austins said...

Hahahah! Meredith reading her smut...that's funny. Josh calls the Twilight books my smut. I'm with you, I need suggestions but I also need an EASY read.

Mike & Andrea said...

Have you read The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale? Its a entertaining quick read.

Sharee said...

I have never read these, but the movies that are coming out make me want to, "My sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.

Lisa said...

Hi Meredith,
Chiam Potak is a great author. He wrote about Jewish families in NYC in the 1930-1960. I like "I am the Clay" and "The Chosen".

Lee Ann Setzer is a friend of mine who wrote a book called Gathered. It is a adaptation of the story of Ruth and Naomi and Ruth's struggle in becoming a member of the Jewish faith. It is one of the squeekiest clean books I have read.

I hated my sister's keeper (sorry Sharee).

Some great classics are by Pearl S. Buck. "The Good Earth" is her best known.

Good luck,
Lisa Harrison (Miles other Grandma)