Friday, October 3, 2008

Thanks Mom

A little while ago Shelby had her feelings crushed by someone she loves. She was so sad. To help her feel better, I arranged to have her best friend come over and hang out with her all day. I didn't let her know beforehand because I wanted to make sure it would all work out before I said anything to her. When I did tell her, she got tears in her eyes and said "Mom, how do you always know just what I need?" Of course I know. She belongs to me. We shared the same heartbeat at one point. Of course I know.
So, in August, I was very sad because I missed my sister. I only have one sister and she moved clear across the country. I talk to her everyday but I miss her. I told my mom that it comes in waves and right now the wave is big. Then off we went to ride our bikes on the greenbelt with the kids. Fast forward to my birthday. She invited our family to her house for dinner. After dinner she handed me an envelope. I opened it and it was an itinerary for a flight to Virginia to spend a week with my sister. She had arranged, with the help of my dad, my sweet husband and my sister, for this wonderful gift. So to my mom, I say, "Mom, how do you always know just what I need?"
Today is the day. My flight leaves at 1:38. I will be in a bed at HER house tonight. I am a bit nervous right now, because I am leaving all my responsibilities here with everything I love. I feel a bit guilty too because tomorrow is Emily's 10th birthday. Happy Birthday little girl!!
I am excited too. We have a great week planned with a trip to NEW YORK CITY to see Wicked. (Thanks for the room at the Marriot Marquis, Philip)

So I would like to say a big THANK YOU to

My husband, for supporting me being on vacation for a week and taking care of everything at home( remember, the hour by hour list and the menu plan is on the refridgerator)
My sister, for playing with me
My brother-in-law for taking care of things at his house so my sister can play with me
My dad for helping my mom
My kids for being flexible this week
and to
My mom, for knowing what I need.

No comments: