Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thanks.....But They're Not My Style

I ordered some jeans for Kyle a few weeks ago. Well, when I got them they were 2 inches too short. I happened to be talking to Ashli right after Kyle tried them on. She said to bring them and she would buy them for Josh. So, when I got here, I told Josh that I had some pants for him and they were on the dresser in my room. He ran up there and came back a few minutes later and said "Thanks, but they are not my style. Sorry but I just don't think I would wear them." WHAT!! They are jeans. And I do not have a bad sense of style. But, whatever. I have had kids long enough to know that if they don't like clothes on first glance, give it up. They won't wear them no matter how much mothers want them to.


Later on, I went up to my room and noticed that the bag with the jeans in them was not opened and partially under my sweater. Hmmmm, I thought, that is strange. How could he know what style they were if he didn't LOOK at them.


I glanced down the dresser and saw these

My khaki capri's that I wore on the plane. I went downstairs and asked Josh if he saw the jeans. He got a funny look on his face and said "What jeans?"

Mystery solved. My khaki capri's are certainly NOT his style but the jeans on the other hand were!!!!

What I think is so sweet is how kindly he told me that he would never in a million years wear those khaki pants. What a sweet kid.

No comments: