Thursday, January 22, 2009

Solar Power







I really do love the snow. I want it snow a ton. Until January 1st, then it all must go. I don't mind the cold as long as there is sunshine. You see, I am solar powered. I don't function well if there are too many days of clouds. What is even worse is the dreaded inversion. It is like pure misery pushing down on us. Everything loses it's color. The past two years have been great as far as inversions go. But now after two weeks of gray dreariness I am ready to move to Arizona! A few years ago, we had a long inversion and when it was over, I remember sunshine pouring in my kitchen window. I sat on the tile in a puddle of sunshine and just soaked it in. I could feel it bring me back to life. I am ready for the sun. Although I love my Alaskan, I could never be one. Juneau gets about 30 pure sunshine days a YEAR. I am ready for flowers and sunburns and sunsets on the beach.

5 comments:

RachelH said...

I've totally been feeling it too. Did you know that Colorado averages 300 days of sunshine a year, while Boise only gets 234? I guess you could say I'm missing my Colorado sunshine just a little bit!

Maria said...

I am with you! I made Jed drive me to McCall on Monday just so I could soak up some sunshine. You and I should drive up to Bogus for the afternoon and just soak it up!! Give me a call.

Steph said...

I need sun too! Ugh.

Jodi said...

That's what I love about Boise. I wake up knowing that it is probably going to be sunny. This inversion has got me bummed. It reminds me of what I didn't like about Juneau. To much gray sky isn't good for a person.

Sandra Winchester said...

Try a beach party, cafe rio salads, listen to reggae, Buffett and the Beach boys, Do some voodoo chants and dance and the bad air will go away. We did it last year and it worked. It took a month or so but we felt great. Sandra and I are going to Zion in 2 weeks for our aniversary. Here is to the sun Gods. Miss ya all.