Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FIVE HEARTS


Yesterday, Shelby was having a difficult morning.

I was busy getting breakfast ready and getting everyone where they needed to be.

She was crying because nothing was going right for her.

Clothes not right

Breakfast not right

Hair not right

Backpack not right

Tired Tired Tired

Michael came in and pulled her to him and snuggled her on the couch. He whispered calmly to her and just held her for a while.

Emily watched all of this and came to me and said "Dad has five hearts."

What? I wasn't sure what she was talking about.

Then she explained,

"He has one whole heart for each of us."

What a sweet way to explain a father's love

2 comments:

Sharee said...

I couldn't help but leave a comment on this one. I love kids. They always seem to put things into perspective. Your family is growing so fast, I can't believe it.

Kellie said...

That is too prescious. Kids understand more than we do sometimes.