Monday, February 2, 2009

Medieval Feast

the dress
the hair

The 7th graders study the middle ages and at the end they put on a huge Medieval Feast. It is no small event. The girls get big flowy dresses and the boys dress up as Knights or townsfolk. When Christopher's class did it, I had no idea what a big deal it was. He wanted to be blacksmith, so his costume was easy. But when I went to help out with the party, some girls had rented huge dresses and the costumes were crazy. This year of course Shelby wanted to be a lady. I found the perfect dress for her but it had no sleeves so I made her a long sleeve shirt out of velvet to go underneath it. In the pictures it looks like a different color green, but in real life it is exactly the same color. She loved it and had a great time. Today she is off on a ski trip at Bogus Basin. Hey, doesn't anyone have to go to school?

2 comments:

Jed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

I deleted the last comment because it said it was Jed, but it's me.
Wow, that is so cool! Meredith you are so darn talented!! Thanks for all your lessons in domestic engineering. It is because of you that I make bread every week, can all my tomatoes in the fall, and make my kids Halloween costumes! You rock. Thank you so much.