Friday, November 7, 2008

How Lame

I was never going to be one of those bloggers that start off good and then quit. Well, look at me now. Over a month and no update. I am going to rededicate myself. It helps to blog. I remember things better and it is a good way to keep in touch.
So I will start where I left off and add things here and there.

Emily's Birthday.
We are usually gone on Emily's birthday because it is on a 4 day weekend. We usually go to McCall or on vacation somewhere. She complains bitterly because she never gets a real birthday party. This year we made up for that. I was in Virginia with Ashli and I was having mommy guilt. So before I left I decided to let her have a small friend birthday on Wednesday October 1st. She invited Abby and Anya to go bowling and then we had pizza in the park.
Emily, Abby, and Anya
October 2, Gabby and Katie came and spent the day at our house. The girls made cupcakes and decorated hats and had another party for her.



For her third celebration, my mom took her shopping on Friday. This has become a wonderful tradition. For birthday's and Christmas, my mom takes the kids shopping for their presents. She gets to take them out and they get to pick exactly what they want. It is a win-win. She then takes the presents and wraps them and gives them back on their birthday/Christmas. The kids love it (especially the teenagers) and she loves to hang out with them at the mall!! The fourth celebration was her actual birthday on October 4th. Shelby made her breakfast in bed and the boys helped blow up balloons. She opened her presents and then went four-wheeling and fishing with her new Ugly Stick(given by her brothers). They had Mongolian BBQ for dinner. It was everything she wanted. The fifth celebration was a family dinner on Sunday at my moms. All the cousins and relatives were there. She had salmon and potatoes with pumpkin pie for dessert (we are not birthday cake people). I called her Sunday night and asked her how things were going. She said "Mom, I am so done with my Birthday!!"


10 things I love about Emily

1. Her darling freckles scattered across her nose

2. She works hard. She always wants to help with any project we are working on and she doesn't quit.

3. Her love of reading. She especially loves books about fish, frogs, and lizards.

4. Her sense of adventure. Nothing intimidates this girl. She will try anything.

5. Her intelligence. She is so smart. She can figure things out quickly.

6. Her creativity. She is always drawing and writing.

7. Her love of animals. She wants a puppy!

8. Her sparkly blue eyes.

9. Her sense of style. She knows what she likes and that is that.

10. I love that she is mine forever.


No comments: