Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kyle is 15

Banana Split
Ode to Joy

Whats left of dinner
Mitch and Kyle playing Command and Conquer
Breakfast
This boy!! He is 15. I can't believe he is so old. When he was little, we prayed that he would make it just one more day. He has a host of guardian angels watching over him. They sigh quietly when he falls asleep at night. They have a very hard job. Grandpa Pearman once told me that he has a very important job to do and he would grow to be a great man. He didn't have school on his birthday and the only thing he wanted to do was play video games with his friends. He has early morning seminary and since he didn't have to go to school afterward, I told him to just sleep in. He was appalled that I would even suggest such a thing. He said "I love seminary. I wouldn't skip on purpose!" After seminary, Mitch, Zelphie and Jaqui came over for breakfast. Breakfast was crepes and sausage and orange juice. For dinner we had ribs. Since we aren't a cake family, Grandma and Grandpa Hansen came over for banana splits. He played the guitar for us.
10 Things I love about Kyle
1. His amazing sense of Humor
2. His desire to do the right thing
3. His intelligence
4. His willingness to help me
5.His love of a good book
6.His dependablity
7. He honors the priesthood
8. His love of a fluffy blanket, warm socks, and slippers
9. His determination
10. That he is mine forever

The other night he came home from a Stake Dance just so excited. He came into my room and exclaimed "Oh Mom, I love girls!!!" Heaven help me.




3 comments:

Ashli said...

Wow! That was quite a pile of bare ribs! I am glad to have "reappointed" my guardian angel to Kyle!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! Reading this brought a smile to my face, I also pray my boys live to make it another day everyday. There is hope!

Kim Davis said...

Found your blog through Maria's. Your family is darling and I love how much you adore each one of your kids.