Monday, May 25, 2009

Redfish

Christopher's stick pole
Kyle unhooking Ren's fish

One of Rachels many catches
Kyle and Sean ready for our hike

Some of the fishing kids

Our delicious dutch oven dinner

Games for hours
Memorial Day is a perfect weekend to camping in Stanley. Our family loves it there in May. No crowds, beautiful snow-covered Sawtooth mountains and great fishing. This year was no exception. We went with Brian and Lori, Jon and Rachel, Mom and Dad, and this year the Jensen's came with us. It was coldddd at night but we were prepared for cold. It rained some on Sunday but we were prepared for rain. We went fishing and found a most amazing fishing hole on the Yankee fork of the Salmon river. We shared fishing poles with all the kids and Christopher just used a stick with some line and a hook. We were catching fish by the dozens. We let most go if we could, but came home with a few who swallowed the hooks. Rachel is new to fishing and she caught fish after fish. I hope she doesn't think fishing is always like that! We rode bikes, canoed, ate great food, and played games. On Sunday, we had a testimony meeting. It is great to hear cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and Grandparents share their testimony. I love to be able to make these memories with my family and I love living in such a beautiful place.

1 comment:

Sharee said...

I am very jealous of this. I LOVE camping, but only get to go for the one week in July. My husband isn't really in to the outdoors, so I have to mooch off of everyone else in the family that goes. The fishing is the icing on the cake.